Thread Bears, Cheingora, handknitted keepsakes from your dogs hair

• Home
  • Thread Bears, Cheingora, handknitted keepsakes from your dogs hair

Thread Bears, Cheingora, handknitted keepsakes from your dogs hair Collect your dog's hair and I can create something beautiful from it for you to cherish....
(16)

Handknitted keepsakes and Teddy bears beautifully made from your dogs hair.

This really was a special commission for me. You may know that I have been a fundraiser for several years for a very spe...
06/08/2024

This really was a special commission for me. You may know that I have been a fundraiser for several years for a very special charity founded by a good friend, 1 Dog at a time Rescue UK. This bear was made from the undercoat of Rege prevously know as Cuifi (means scruffy in Romanian!) He was one of the first dogs I think that the charity bought to the UK. I was contacted by Rege's lovley Mum and she asked me to make her a Rege bear..with very special ears. He has a damaged and torn left ear and a hole in his right from the ear tag he had in Romania. I copied these features and made sure his expression and eyes were perfect. Diane has made this wonderful photo story from the pics I sent her during the whole process. They are really delightful and she said to me "Lisa...you knit magic!" Those words mean so much to me xx It was a pleasure to make him for you xx

31/07/2024

A blending carding video here...some of the hair was way too short to spin without the support of a fibre with a longer staple length. This clip shows me blending in some rose silk with the brushed out undercoat..thanks to Giorgia Siobhan for editing the video for me xx

Beautiful Rough Collie undercoat on the bobbin this morning..a dream to spin! X
31/07/2024

Beautiful Rough Collie undercoat on the bobbin this morning..a dream to spin! X

Spinning in the sun..bliss x
19/07/2024

Spinning in the sun..bliss x

My Lady Pheasant is finished!!..  I love her!! Delightful pattern by Claire Garland, from her book entitled Magical Wood...
17/07/2024

My Lady Pheasant is finished!!.. I love her!! Delightful pattern by Claire Garland, from her book entitled Magical Woodland Knits.

She could be yours!!!!

She is made up of lots of leftover handspun doghair from my stash drawer! She has a handmade wooden beak made by the Mr! And also yarn covered wire feet...

For a chance for her to be yours she will be featured in a givaway for a charity that I support 1 Dog at a time Rescue UK. But I thought I would put her on here first for my Threadbears customers to see and maybe have a number or two....once she has been on my Threadbears page for a few days I will launch her on the 1 Dog at a time rescue auction page and trasnsfer any numbers across..
click on the first link below to join the group xx

https://www.facebook.com/groups/580863752043843/ (this one for the auction page)

https://www.facebook.com/1DogAtATimeRescueUK

www.1dogatatimerescue.org

For every £1 donation I will allocate you a number as a thank you and you have the chance to be the lucky winner and Lady Pheasant's new owner!

PLEASE NOTE I CAN ONLY ASSIGN YOUR NUMBERS ONCE I HAVE RECEIVED YOUR DONATION.

the link below takes you to my paypal x

paypal.me/LBurrows735

Thankyou so much xx
Please also like and share x

Numbers 1-4 Giorgia Siobhan

I'm knitting a lady pheasant from left over dog hair from my stash.  I will raffle her to raise money for my Dog Charity...
15/07/2024

I'm knitting a lady pheasant from left over dog hair from my stash. I will raffle her to raise money for my Dog Charity 1 Dog at a time Rescue UK. However she needed a beak...and I wanted a wooden one. So I asked my Mr he requested a design and I now have a beautiful wooden beak for her! x

Im so delighted to see this.. Sue Christie has knitted this beautiful jacket from her dog's hair that I spun for her! x ...
10/07/2024

Im so delighted to see this.. Sue Christie has knitted this beautiful jacket from her dog's hair that I spun for her! x Amazing x

First bobbin of my boy's undercoat spun...beautifully fine  x I am so enjoying this! X
05/07/2024

First bobbin of my boy's undercoat spun...beautifully fine x I am so enjoying this! X

Old English Sheepdog handspun brushed out undercoat x
04/07/2024

Old English Sheepdog handspun brushed out undercoat x

Love this x
04/07/2024

Love this x

I'm making a lady pheasant with left over yarn from my stash x
02/07/2024

I'm making a lady pheasant with left over yarn from my stash x

Spinning Viggo's fluff in the sun with Viggo x perfect morning x
26/06/2024

Spinning Viggo's fluff in the sun with Viggo x perfect morning x

Here I have fluff from our late cat's, Meg who we lost a few years ago and Sproutie who we lost on Christmas eve last ye...
24/06/2024

Here I have fluff from our late cat's, Meg who we lost a few years ago and Sproutie who we lost on Christmas eve last year. I have not been able to open them until now...
The envelopes have been in a drawer in the Dog Office...but I think it is time now to make them into something beautiful for me.
Of Sprout's hair I have only 7g and Meg's hair weighs so little to even regiser on the scale...but I know I can do something with them both. I'm thinking of a heart for Sprout with some blended in rose silk to make his fluff go a little further and maybe some tiny needle felted slippers for Meg...
So if you would like to take this special journey with me and see what I make you are very welcome to ..x

I made a friend in York today! X
19/06/2024

I made a friend in York today! X

It is very quiet at Threadbears this summer...so I must bust my stash drawer and start a very special commission for me!...
09/06/2024

It is very quiet at Threadbears this summer...so I must bust my stash drawer and start a very special commission for me!! More pictures to come..if you are wanting a commission please don't wait till Christmas...as I am never quiet for long..so please get in touch x
First make form the stash drawer..wise owl hanging pom pom!! I shall auction this for my charity 1 Dog at a time Rescue UK. I will post a link when the auction is live if you would like to place a bid the dogs would be very grateful x

This beautiful classic bear is made from the handspun undercoat of Isabel and Elliot, the first Shiba Inu's for Threadbe...
27/05/2024

This beautiful classic bear is made from the handspun undercoat of Isabel and Elliot, the first Shiba Inu's for Threadbears. So lovely to spin, the undercoat was quite short so I needed to spin slowly, the resulting yarn though was a delight. I hope this little bear brings much comfort x

Shiba Inu undercoat..this beautiful breed is a first for Threadbears...it is  spinning so finely. It is quiet short so I...
13/05/2024

Shiba Inu undercoat..this beautiful breed is a first for Threadbears...it is spinning so finely. It is quiet short so I need to spin slowly..but just wow!! X

Love this! I think we can all relate..🥰
10/05/2024

Love this! I think we can all relate..🥰

Waiting list now down to approx 4 weeks for most commissions. It doesn't have to be a bear.. it can be a lion, a dragon,...
26/04/2024

Waiting list now down to approx 4 weeks for most commissions. It doesn't have to be a bear.. it can be a lion, a dragon, slippers or a scarf or whatever you like in between! x

My boy Viggo met with his brother Ziggy yesterday, they knew each other instantly! Was so very special to see them play ...
25/04/2024

My boy Viggo met with his brother Ziggy yesterday, they knew each other instantly! Was so very special to see them play together! Thanks so much Anne Chantry xx

A really special bear this one!! Classic bear made from hand spun Old English sheepdog hairfrom Muffy, Snowy and Betty. ...
20/04/2024

A really special bear this one!! Classic bear made from hand spun Old English sheepdog hairfrom Muffy, Snowy and Betty. He is a graduation gift so of course he needed a certificate to carry and Mortar board to wear x

A really special commission this one and a first for Threadbears. The rabbit is made from Shih Tzu hair (blended with Sh...
17/04/2024

A really special commission this one and a first for Threadbears. The rabbit is made from Shih Tzu hair (blended with Shetland and soy ) and heart is made from her tail hair (blended with shetland). The bear is the largest in my range and is made from Pug hair blended with Shetland and Tussah silk). He is wearing a waistcoat and they both have a solid brass name tag to wear too. There are lots of pictures here of most of the process. Hope you enjoy looking through them.
The hair was donated by Penny and Ben and the rabbit and bear are now back home in the USA.

Wild Rabbit pattern by Clare Garland. Dot pebbles knits.
Bear pattern an amalgamation of several patterns plus some additions from me!
Pics of Penny and Ben in the comments.

Thanks Lisa xx

Faye Rogers Animal CommunicatorFAYE'S MUSINGS The generosity of the animal spirit, they give without expecting anything ...
16/04/2024

Faye Rogers Animal Communicator

FAYE'S MUSINGS The generosity of the animal spirit, they give without expecting anything in return, teaching us invaluable lessons about compassion and the purest forms of generosity.

Artist Credit: Charlotte Bird Fairy Photographer

Pug hair!!! Yes pug! Blended with shetland and Tussah silk..rolags ready for spinning x
05/03/2024

Pug hair!!! Yes pug! Blended with shetland and Tussah silk..rolags ready for spinning x

I'm working on a rabbit right now, and almost finished so looking over pictures of completed bunnies to help me create t...
27/02/2024

I'm working on a rabbit right now, and almost finished so looking over pictures of completed bunnies to help me create the expression x

I have jst completed this  cushion for a lovely lady I met through my Threadbears business.She wrote this to me...it is ...
25/02/2024

I have jst completed this cushion for a lovely lady I met through my Threadbears business.

She wrote this to me...it is so very special x

Dear Lisa

I’ve said thank you for so many things you’ve done and been to me throughout Max’s cushion journey. I think the single most important thing to me has been your patience allowing a complete exploration of all the possibilities. That has been a real gift
I will never fully accept the loss of the Great Beings that I’ve had the privilege to share my life with. To honour them with you and for being the person that you are, has validated for me that they are still there in the Greater Design of Life even though it is hard to understand from where we are.

Finally I now have two beautiful cushions that have given me that tangible presence of Max and Frankie.

With Much Love and gratitude for your creative gifts that have meant so much to so many.

AD x

26/01/2024

💖 Leggy Heart Friend 💖

Adorably cute and the ideal gift for your loved ones this upcoming Valentine’s Day!

Orders via the link in bio ✨

Pattern:
Yarn:

08/01/2024

Please contact me asap if you have shipped hair to me from the the USA...it is in customs in the UK and I need to get in touch with you...no name on the letter I have received but I have a ref number Thanks x
x

Beautiful Finnish Lapphund undercoat, spun, plied, washed and dried. In skeins ready to be balled and knitted into three...
30/12/2023

Beautiful Finnish Lapphund undercoat, spun, plied, washed and dried. In skeins ready to be balled and knitted into three miniature bears. First commission for 2024 x

Address

Alerts

Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Thread Bears, Cheingora, handknitted keepsakes from your dogs hair posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.

Contact The Business

Send a message to Thread Bears, Cheingora, handknitted keepsakes from your dogs hair:

Videos

Shortcuts

• Address
  • Alerts
  • Contact The Business
  • Videos
  • Claim ownership or report listing
  • Want your business to be the top-listed Pet Store/pet Service?

Our Story

Handspun and handknitted keepsakes and Teddy bears beautifully made from your dogs hair.